It can be tricky to know just what to take when heading out for the day with your little one, preparing for every weather, ensuring they have enough food, cramming in all your changing essentials and not forgetting a variety of toys in case baby gets restless – it is a surprise you can find a bag big enough to squeeze it all into. Getting used to packing your changing bag becomes quicker, and definitely easier as baby gets older, and they require less bits when out and about.
For now, do not panic, we have put together a list of essentials which are great to have with you when on the go and are guaranteed to make a worthy addition to your changing bag:
· The obvious ones, changing essentials include nappies, wipes, nappy sacks, and a handy foldable changing mat. It is also good practise to pack a change of clothes should exploding nappy incidents occur.
· Muslin cloths and blankets – perfect for comforting but also ideal for tending to unwanted spillages and draping over baby for privacy when breastfeeding.
· Nappy rash cream or moisturiser – our Soft as Moonlight Nappy Change Cream has a gentle and soothing formula that is easy on skin and perfect for when your little one is sore or uncomfortable.
· Medicines – it can be super difficult if your little one is feeling under the weather and getting restless when you are nowhere near home. Carrying medicine, make sure it is safe for your baby’s age, and a syringe is always a good idea.
· Hand sanitiser – a practise we all know now better than ever but hand sanitiser is an essential for parents after wiping sticky fingers or changing pungent nappies.
These are just a few easy suggestions to have you packing like a pro in no time.
Changing bag and image via www.babymel.com